Baked Orange Chicken
Florida orange juice makes this special chicken recipe.
- 8 bone-in (skin-on chicken thighs or boneless)
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ORANGE GLAZE for CHICKEN
- 1 cup Florida orange Juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Season chicken with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in Florida orange juice, chicken stock, maple syrup, honey and rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Place skillet into oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
The glaze for the chicken can be used for pork and even vegetables if you want to get creative.