Chocolate No Bake Cookies
Easy, Tasty and Gluten Free Cookies – No oven required!
- 31/2 cups sugar (Florida Crystals or other Florida Sugar)
- 6 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks or 16 tbsps.) (cut butter into 8-10 pieces for quicker melting)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups quick cooking oats
- Add cocoa and sugar to a 6 quart heavy sauce pan. Stir to evenly mix.
- Add milk and butter to saucepan and add medium heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil. Whisk constantly to keep from scorching mixture. BOIL FOR ONLY ABOUT 90 SECONDS (temperature of mixture should be about 240 degrees in order for cookies to set) .
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in salt, vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Stir thoroughly.
- On a piece of parchment paper or full size sheet pan, drop scoops of mixture – 1 to 11/3 ounce scoop works for medium size cookie.
- Allow to dry for at least 30 minutes. You can speed up the process by refrigerating. Place in a suitable container. May be kept in refrigerator to extend life or at room temperature covered for serving for up to three days.
This is a classic recipe that is addictive. You can easily cut this restaurant size recipe in half for about 20 cookies. This is a gluten-free recipe. We recommend Florida sugar brans. Sugarcane is one of the largest industries in Florida.