Flourless Chocolate Torte
Easy way to make a delicious torte. Better than cake and as easy to make.
- 9 inch spring form pan preferable
- 9 ounces butter unsalted
- 10 ounces good quality dark chocolate Ghirardelli works for me
- 11/2 cups sugar granulated
- 7 ea eggs large
- 1/2 tsp almond extract optional, but unique flavor
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the spring form pan. I lay the round bottom on a piece of parchment and mark a circle to cut out. Grease the pan, round bottom and parchment. Start oven and set at 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave. Use in 30 second intervals, stirring after each. Do not burn.
- Once butter and chocolate have been incorporated, stir in the 11/2 cups of sugar.
- Stir in eggs one at a time. Don't rush this. Make sure each egg is thoroughly incorporated. A whisk works well for this!
- The texture should be slightly looser than a cake batter and shiny on top. Add the almond and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes and check. Should be loose in center but starting to set on edges. Do not over bake. If you use a convection oven, check at 25 minutes.
This is pretty easy to make and has a very palatable texture and taste. Top with your favorite fruit compote, powdered sugar or ganache. It will disappear quickly!