Coquito – Eggnog like cocktail from Puerta Rico
Delicious drink made around Christmas in Puerta Rico
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 15 oz cream of coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 12 oz Puerto Rican or another white rum
- Cinnamon Sticks for Garnish optional
- mix before serving in glasses with a cinnamon stick for garnish.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, cinnamon stick, or even sweetened coconut flakes
Since Florida is so close to many Caribbean countries, you see coquitos on menus around the holidays. This is a very rich cocktail very similar to American eggnog.