Crabcakes – Rich & Ritzy Style!
Tons of crab cake recipes, but this one is about all crab, little filler and plenty of buttery flavor.
- 3 Each Green Onions white and Green Parts
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 24 Each Ritz Crackers crushed
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Each Egg beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Pound Lump Crab Meat
- Chop white part of onion very fine. Combine with the two tablespoons of butter in a small bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds to melt butter and soften onion.
- In a large bowl add the chopped green parts of the onion, mayo, lemon juice, crushed crackers, breadcrumbs, and all seasonings. Add the melted butter and onion and combine everything thoroughly.
- Gently add the lump crab meat folding it in to keep it from falling apart.
- Refrigerate for an hour to let the crackers soak up the seasonings.
- With an ice cream scoop, form into 10 patties – about 3 ounces each.
- In a medium hot skillet, add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of,vegetable oil,bring medium high heat and fry the patties until golden brown on each side.
- If you want a crabcake the binds together more, you van add another 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and a slightly beaten egg. These crabcakes are all about the crab meat!
This recipe courtesy of Maggie Mae’s Waterfront, Clearwater Beach, Florida.