BIG THANK YOU FROM OUR STAFF FOR ORDERING TAKE OUT AND YOUR GENEROUS TIPS**
There is no SPRING BREAK traffic. The bridges aren’t backed up!
It is pretty quiet around Sand Key and other beaches. Many businesses are closed. People walking the streets (literally!) for exercise. We never thought we would be longing for just a little traffic jam! Here is our latest news on the Coronavirus.
Breaking Down the Coronavirus
From Johns Hopkins University
|* The virus is a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and converts them into aggressor and multiplier cells.|
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius (77*F) for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE Works. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, works. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE does not work.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
Latest Numbers for Florida & Pinellas County
4950 COVID-19 CASES
116 COVID-19 CASES
Note: Only 36 People Hospitalized
Putting the Florida situation in perspective –
Florida & Beaches Update 3-30-2020
Streets Quiet – Beaches Empty
- Almost half the cases are in the Miami – Ft. Lauderdale area.
- 60 Deaths in a state with 23 million people – more people die from car crashes daily.
- 20 counties in Florida have NO cases.
- They have tested over 50,500 people.
We don’t want to minimize the seriousness of the virus on people with underlying conditions, but we also say the severity of the impact on our country has to be balanced carefully.
All of this information can be updated daily at this Florida site. Be Safe in all you do.
We are here for you!