Florida Pork Belly Sliders
Pork is a staple in Florida along with oranges. A little combination of the two and you have some of the best sliders you can imagine!
- 1 lb Pork Belly (sliced 1/4 inch)
- 1/4 cup Florida made orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup stock (beef, ham or chicken)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- salt to taste if necessary
- 8 ea slider buns (Hawaiian brioche or dinner roll style)
- 8 oz cole slaw (homemade or store bought)
In a large fry pan heat to medium high heat. Saute pork belly slices until brown and crisp on edges. Remove pork belly.
Drain any fat except for about a teaspoon. Reduce heat before adding marmalade, stock and spices. Add pork back to the pan and coat with this delicious mixture at low heat.
Remove pork belly onto the bottom half of all the buns. Add a tablespoon of cole slaw and top with the other half of the buns.
This recipe can be modified to use bacon, ham or even Spam! Caramelized onions work well instead of cole slaw.