German Potato Salad
This classic recipe will feed a crowd!
- 5 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1 pound Bacon
- 2 each Onions (chopped fine)
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Mustard
- 6 each hard boiled eggs (chopped in ½ inch pieces)
- 1 cup broth (chicken or beef)
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Peel (if desired), cube and cook potatoes until just barely fork tender.
Alternative Southern Style Instruction – You can cook bacon first and fry the potatoes in the bacon grease!
- Sauté bacon until crisp and add onions until softened. Make a roux with 1 tablespoon of bacon grease using the flour. Make a dressing for the potato salad using the chicken stock and balance of ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl, putting potatoes in last. Serve warm.
Simple recipe for a party. Makes 15-20 servings. Great main dish for a hungry family. Try the fried potato idea for a real southern dish!