- 6 qt. Pot, 13 x 18 sheet pan
- 2 cups Grits or cornmeal
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granualted garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 cups medium sharp cheddar cheese ( or sharp, if desired)
- Bring the lquids (milk, chicken stock) to a simmer (not a boil) in a large pan.
- Add grits and butter.
- Whisk slowly to keep from burning or sticking to pan.
- Add seasonings as the mixture starts to thicken. Add cheese when mixture is the texture of pancake batter.
- Mix until cheese is completely melted and remove from heat.
- Spread mixture on a 13X18 sheet pan. Should be about 1/2 inch deep.
- Refrigerate until set. (about 2 hours). Cut with cookie cutter into pucks about 21/2 inches.
- You can roll in flour and fry in pan, iron skillet or batter and deep fry!
- This recipe is courtesy of Maggie Mae's Waterfront, Clearwater Beach, Florida.
florida, grits, southern, cooking, recipe,