How You Can Tell It’s A Great Dive Bar
Everyone loves a great dive bar, but how can you tell it’s a great dive bar? We think we have a few clues, plus some examples below. Dive on in!
- You know it’s a dive bar when the brightest thing in the room is the pool table, but the patrons are well-lit!
- You know it’s a dive bar when today’s soup-of-the-day is TEQUILA!
- You know it’s a dive bar when today’s drink special is $1 PBR cans.
- If there are no “colorful” locals, it is not a dive bar.
- If the barmaid doesn’t call you “sweetie”, it may not be a dive bar.
- If there is nothing in a big jar that is pink, red or purple, it may not be a dive bar.
- If everything in the bathroom works and there are no holes in the wall, it may not be a dive bar.
How can you tell it’s a great dive bar? Check these out.
From the panhandle to the Keys, Florida has some of the best dive bars in the country. We are here to share some of those! Places like Flora-bama that is part in Florida and part in Alabama. We call it a 5000-seat dive bar!
Then in the town of Crystal River, you will find a classic dive bar called Norton’s. This is where the local fishermen hang. If you are ever in Islamorada, there is a place owned by a former Pittsburg Steeler called The Oceanview Inn. Not sure we know what ocean view it is – we must not drink enough to see an ocean!
If you want more, check out our 15 Best Dive Bars in Florida.
If you visit these, you will know how you can tell it’s a dive bar!