Jupiter, Florida - Florida's East Coast Hall of Fame
Not many cities can boast the number of celebrities residing or hailing from their town. Jupiter has more than its share! Check out these well know names –
- Burt Reynolds – famous actor
- Tiger Woods – one of the best golfers of all time
- Ernie Els – great golfer
- Michael Jordan – another potential greatest of all time basketball player
- Rickie Fowler – well known golfer
- Rory McIlroy – famous golfer
- Mike Schmidt – great baseball pitcher
- Charles Nelson Reilly – famous comedian/actor
- Justin Thomas – one of the top 10 current golfers
- Alan Jackson – great country music artist
- Donald Trump, Jr – former president’s son
The list of fame above is just a few of the professional athletes, actors and notable personalities that live near Jupiter or have major business interests there. Celebrity watching is popular on the list of things to do in Jupiter, Florida.
Of the many personalities, Jupiter seems to draw a significant number of golfers to the area. That could be because of the year-round warm weather, superb golf courses and available upscale residences in Jupiter and Palm Beach County.
Things To Do in Jupiter, Florida
Some other notable facts about Jupiter include –
- More than one major fishing tournament winner has come through Jupiter Inlet to fish the Atlantic.
- The lighthouse that guards Jupiter Inlet was built in 1860 and still is a guide for mariners.
- The Loxahatchee River runs through Jupiter offering a wide range of freshwater species and natural habitat for birds and reptiles. One of only two Florida rivers designated by the federal government a National Wild and Scenic
- The Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a notable visitor attraction for learning more about threatened saltwater species.
- In the early spring, baseball takes over the town. Jupiter is the home of the St. Louis Cardinals’ spring training. They play at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter.
- The Atlantic Ocean drive along route A1A from Hobe Sound to Jupiter and subsequent ocean front road Ocean Trail Way is a showcase of waterfront luxury homes and condominiums. They should name this stretch pathway to the rich and famous!
- Riverwalk along the Intracoastal Waterway is amazing. There is public access to 2.5 miles of scenic waterfront. Views of the intracoastal waterway and the ocean are picturesque.
Jupiter has an abundance of great restaurants, several of which are owned by the celebrities noted above. One of our favorites is Square Grouper near the Jupiter Inlet. The Waterview, good food and laid-back vibe make it one of the top Tiki Bars in Florida.
Not too far away from Square Grouper is Duffy’s Sports Grill. This location of a southeast Florida chain is a cut above the normal chain restaurant. The food is more than the normal wings and fries. It’s a great place for watching your favorite team.
Jupiter Feels Different
It is hard to explain the look and feel of Jupiter compared to the normal Florida waterfront town. The city has a newness and refreshing feel about it. While watersports are still the predominant activity, there seems to be many more things to do in Jupiter that has a big city feel in a town of just over 60,000 residents.
Jupiter is located about 90 miles north of Miami and 235 miles south of St. Augustine, Florida. A little further south, 150 miles, on I-95 are the Florida Keys. That may give the Florida visitor an idea of the length of the eastern Atlantic coast of Florida. From Jacksonville to Key West is well over 500 miles.