Orange Glazed Pork Loin
Florida oranges make this recipe great!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or regular if cayenne too spicy
- 1 boneless pork loin roast about 5 pounds
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first 5 ingredients to make a rub for the roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- While roast is baking, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine Florida orange juice, brown sugar and mustard. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to orange juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir a couple minutes. Keep half the glaze for serving; brush part of the remaining glaze over roast.
- Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, 20-40 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Reheat glaze; serve with roast.
Florida is know for our citrus farms. Oranges are one of the largest crops. Florida oranges make the perfect enhancement to any recipe.