Panama City Beach is Playful Fun
Panama City Beach is best known as a spring break destination as colleges around the country take a reprise during March and April.
If you remember your youth, the memories of emerald green waters, closed streets with student antics taking hold and parties into the wee hours, you have to smile.
On the other hand, if you are a traveling family, the party crowd only lasts a couple weeks in the spring at Panama City Beach. Most of the year this beachfront town is an exceptional choice for a day trip in Florida or extended vacation.
People who love beaches will cherish Panama City Beach and the nine miles of white sandy shores. You can walk for miles and enjoy some of the great waterfront restaurants, hotels and entertainment while viewing the relaxing waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Panama City Beach is Year Round Destination
Panama City Beach has a lot to offer year-round with high temperatures around 80 degrees April through October.
Visitors to Panama City Beach can expect –
– Great shopping with several shopping centers including Pier Park with over 100 stores and restaurants.
– Numerous golf courses are scattered along the beach and inland.
– Family fun with water parks, miniature golf and arcades.
– Fishing is the sport of choice around Panama City Beach. Charters and head boats will take you into the Gulf for snapper, grouper, king mackerel and many other pelagics.
– Watersports include paddle boarding, parasailing, windsurfing and jet ski rentals.
Panama City Beach is a paradise for a family excursion or just a weekend getaway for a couple looking for a waterfront adventure. The major east-west highway into the area is US Rt. 98. About 125 miles further west on 98 is Pensacola and 100 miles east is Apalachicola, Florida.
When considering a Florida vacation or road trip, you have to keep Panama City Beach as a top ten beachfront community in Florida.