Ranch & Cream Cheese Chicken with Bacon
Delicious way to use boneless chicken breasts.
- 2 lbs. Chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 3 ea Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 oz. Ranch seasoning
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallion tops for serving presentation
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Sauté bacon until crisp with the chopped onions. Remove both from skillet, leaving bacon grease.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and brown each side. Reduce heat. Add chicken stock, ranch seasoning and cream cheese.
- Simmer chicken breasts in the skillet for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked (about 155 degrees). Add bacon and onions back into the sauce. Remove breasts to serving platter and sprinkle with scallions.
- Add a few asparagus spears to the skillet to finish the dish. This recipe may be baked also. Just preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes after browning.
This is another recipe that the protein can easily be exchanged for ingredients like chicken thighs, pork tenderloin or even some cuts of beef.