Our take on the same spread using pimentos of roasted red peppers.
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces Pepperjack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 each roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons scallion green tops chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl EXCEPT CHESSES.
Mix other ingredients well.
Add cheeses by folding the shreds in slowly.
Chill and serve with crackers, tortillas or on sandwich.
This is a little spicier than the normal Pimento Cheese Spread, but it is great on sandwiches – try it on a burger! Recipe courtesy of Maggie Mae’s on the Bluffs, Florida.