Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 ea medium onion diced
- 2 lbs. potatoes 1/2 inch diced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup smoked sausage diced in 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddars cheese grated
- 4 cups heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until barely tender in a medium size pot. Drain and hold.
- In the same medium pot, melt the butter, add the onions and smoked sausage. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Turn heat to low.
- Add the cayenne pepper, heavy cream, cheddar cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, add the potatoes and bring to a steamy simmer, just before boiling.
- Salt and pepper to taste.