Sweet Potato Grits
Delicious and healthy southern tradition - grits and sweet potatoes. Simple, but can be made elegant!
- 1 cup Quick cooking grits make as recommended on the bag
- 2 cups Mashed Sweet potatoes
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 1 tblsp scallions (optional)
Make grits as directed on the producers label.
Add the cooked and mashed sweet potatoes. Whisk or combine in a blender.
Add a dusting of scallions (optional)
Few dishes are simpler than our sweet potato grits. But they offer so many serving options. Here are a few ideas -
You can be as creative as you want for this southern favorite!
- Our favorite idea is to add andouille sausage and bacon.
- Above they are pictured with shrimp.
- Try fried or blackened chicken tenders.
- Place grits in a 1 inch deep dish and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Cut into squares for grit cakes (which can be rolled in batter and deep fried).
- For breakfast add bacon and serve with fried eggs and home fries.
- How about chicken and waffles on a base of sweet potato grits.